Segab’s engineers have specialised in sand reclamation for foundries.
Sophisticated technology based on years of experience
During its long history, Segab has built up a wealth of experience in sand reclamation and has become a specialist in recycling resin-bonded foundry sand.
The VIBRIX regeneration process is based on vibration techniques, with which resin residue is removed through the action of particles of sand grinding against each other. With this method, the amount of damage to the sand particles is negligible and the wear on machine parts is reduced to a minimum. As a result, VIBRIX sand reclamation units have an exceptionally long service life.
Moulding boxes can be placed directly in the unit provided an integrated shake-out grille is placed above the crusher section. Doing this also means that a single unit can perform all the main reclamation operations (shaking out moulding boxes, buffering and pulverising clumps, cleaning the sand and sieving coarse particles).
The right machine for every situation
Segab’s VIBRIX sand reclamation and regeneration units are suitable for recycling:
- resin-bonded sand
- core sand (from cold-box, hot-box und SO2 processes)
- sand residue
Different models are available:
- VIBRIX 2 – crusher capacity up to 2 t/h
- VIBRIX 4 – crusher capacity up to 4 t/h
- VIBRIX 8 – crusher capacity up to 8 t/h
- VIBRIX 12 – crusher capacity up to 12 t/h
- VIBRIX 18 – crusher capacity up to 18 t/h
Segab’s sand regeneration products are available as standalone units, but we would also of course be pleased to supply a complete system. We can also supply and integrate ancillary equipment for further treatment to obtain the required quality and temperature for the sand:
- sand coolers
- sand heaters
- sand dust removal units (air slides)
- combined sand heating and dust removal units
- separator equipment, vibratory sieves
- filtration units
- sound and dust insulating cabins, dust extractors
- water coolers, cooling towers
- steel framework and silo constructions
- electronic measuring, metering and control systems
We can also provide complete and part solutions for:
Discover how much you could potentially save
Ask us to work out how much you could reduce costs by using a sand regeneration unit preferably by directly calling +31 (0)343-415090, or send us an email.
We would be pleased to make you an offer completely free of obligation for the type of VIBRIX regeneration unit you need based on an accurate cost-benefit analysis that will show you the worth of investing in this machinery.
Please go to our contact page for our telephone numbers and email addresses.
Do you want more information?
We are happy to discuss the options with you